Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Nearly trivial but useful

After I installed Alfresco 4.1.2 via the exe-Installer, I found out that there is now a small tool which is named 'Manager Tool'. The only thing it does is to list you the Alfresco related service by allowing you to start or stop them. Sure, the Windows Service Manager does exactly the same for you and you may even know how to start or stop services via the command line. However, I just installed a test environment and I really appreciate the possibility to control just the Alfresco related service via one single tool. And the most cool thing is that you can extend it by adding own services those are related to your Alfresco installation. In my case I added the services for the SQLServer, the Transformation Server and the Reverse Proxy. The following screen shot explains everything ...


No comments:

Post a Comment